This journey is about the Upreti family who escaped from village Kheti to village Alchauna as a result of the invasion by the Nepal Kingdom and in search of livelihood. Earlier, Alchauna belonged to the Alchaunis (Rajputs), and Upretis settled in the village as priests to Alchaunis to carry out the holy rituals. Over generations, family evolved as nomadic farmers and later on built a colonial house to settle in. Listen to the nomadic adventures of the family over snacks and bonfire. You will be thrilled to see how they survived some harsh conditions while they were migrating from their original village. The homestay is a 100-year-old Bungalow, which is a part of an exquisite 100-acre estate, set amidst the lush green mountains. With Kalsa river flowing down along with estate makes it a perfect place to enjoy both the mountains tops and the valley. It’s one of those perfect places to unwind yourself where you can rejuvenate yourself near natural clear water pools, gaze at majestic mountains, visit a rose farm, or play with village kids, while getting a taste of timeless village life in lower Kumaon hills.
- Colonial Stay – The homestays are a part of a 100-acre old colonial bungalow. The face of the bungalow is completely plastered with stone as are all the exterior walls, which creates a magnificent set of nature around. All the rooms are well-crafted and d
- Bee Keeping – Observe the sophisticated structure of bee civilization. From the guards at the hive entry to the nurses tending the little, to the “energetic females” and “lazy males,” to the glaring elusive queen, each bee has a place inside this complex
- Organic Farming – Experience the fine art of organic farming, know why the world should move to organic farming, and it’s other benefits. We encourage you to get your hands dirty and learn a skill or two for your terrace garden.
- Nature Walk – Walk the prosperous pine and oak forests, experience the rich varieties of wildflowers & plants along with eye-catching landscape. If we are lucky and quiet, we may even happen to see some rare birds and lots of nests. We will also visit som
- Village Walk – Walk through the village, interact with the locals, learn and understand the “pahaadi” lifestyle. Look for the local inventions. Sometimes it’s our farmers in the villages who design something interesting to make their day to day life littl
- Dairy Farming – Dairy farming is one of the primary livelihoods in the community. Understand the aspects of dairy farming: milk collection, fodder for livestock, testing parameters, packaging, etc.
- Traditional Folklore and Trek – Listen to the traditional folklore of Karkotak, a snake. Also, hike to the hilltop to the Karkotak temple listening to some amazing folklores. Not to mention that view of Bhimtaal is just spectacular from Karkotak peak.
Stay: Simple and comfortable homestays on twin-sharing basis.
Meals: All meals(breakfast, lunch and dinner) in the village.
Activities: Rural Living, Village Homestay, Nature Walk