Set in an oasis of calm, green environs, Palathra Heritage is about preserving the best traditions of an age gone by in the painstakingly transplanted wooden.
There are 5 rooms in 3 houses spread out in a leisurely 3.5-acre space. The food is top notch, and this, along with the rich history, old temples and churches of the area, the pristine beaches at Mararikulam, the Vembanad lake and its connected backwaters, the bird sanctuaries - all conspire to make this a complete experience of Kerala you can have in one place.
Lovely quiet property which will give you the traditional Kerala feel. There's a swan, a pond, a hammock, a library with some real nice titles and lip smacking delicious food. We recommend you to put away those phones and choose your activity. There's also an Ayurvedic massage center if you need.
- The Beach : Marari’s famous beach is just a quick bicycle ride/drive away – you could also walk it or take an auto.
- St. Andrew’s Forane Basilica, Arthunkal : a beautiful 16th century Church about 7km away on the picturesque beach highway.
- The Mahadeva Temple : A centuries old Shiva temple a short walk away is the only temple where Sree Mahadeva and Parvathi Devi sit facing each other.
- Vembanad Lake and the Backwaters : The Muhamma Boat Jetty on the Vembanad lake is a few kms on the other side of the NH. Backwater cruises, and boats and ferries to the other side to get to the Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary and to get to the Pathiramanal Islan
- Fort Kochi is a great one day trip – a lot of old buildings, Chinese fishing nets, world and trading history and shopping in a very walkable few square kilometers along the harbour. The drive to there along the beach road is in itself a very scenic one.
- We also know a couple of houseboat/shikara guys and a great auto-driver-come-enthusiastic-guide who’ll show you around there. Do check with the operations team and we’ll connect you to them.
- Plan a trip to the Palathra Heritage, Mararikulam for a week long vacation, true Kerala style. The property has 5 old wooden huts transplanted in a green garden, authentic Kerala food and is perfectly situated for all of the above!
Stay: Accommodation in clean & hygeinic Traditional Stay on twin sharing
Meals: All Meal During The Trip